Please take the time to review these gallery guidelines with your students and chaperones before visiting the Museum.
- Remember to stand at least 2 feet from the artwork at all times and please do not touch or lean on the artwork, walls, exhibit cases, or television/video equipment.
- Only pencils (no pens, markers or paints) are allowed in the galleries for sketching or notetaking.
- Prior to entering the galleries, leave all food, drinks, chewing gum, candy and anything that may be messy outside of the galleries. There is a trash can in the lobby.
- Please make sure to use your inside voices and do not run in the Museum.
- Only non-flash photography is allowed in the Museum, however some artworks may not be photographed at all, they have a no photography icon above the painting’s information.
- Please silence your cell phones in the gallery. If you must take a phone call, please step outside of the galleries.
- Listen carefully to what your guide is telling you – Ask questions! Have fun!
- For grades K-8: please have one chaperone per five students in your group.
- For grades 9-12: please have one chaperone per ten students in your group.
- Museum admission is free for teachers and chaperones accompanying their school groups.
- Chaperones must stay with their student group throughout the entire visit. Teachers and chaperones play an important role in keeping both students and the artwork safe!
Buses and Parking:
- Buses may drop students off in front of the main Museum entrance on Johnson Street.
- There is no parking for buses at the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. If you have concerns please contact Sarah Zurick at (505) 946-1007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Museum provides transportation funding for qualifying schools. Please indicate your interest in receiving transportation funding when submitting your visit request (additional forms are required).
Arrival at the Museum:
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. If you are delayed more than 30 minutes, your guide may no longer be available. If you are running late OR arriving early, please call the Front Desk of the Museum at (505) 946-1017.
- Your museum guide will greet you at the main entrance and direct your group to the Museum’s lockers where you may store your bags and backpacks securely.
- If you have questions or are unclear about anything related to the Museum, the security and front desk staff are always happy to help.
- The Museum does not have lunch facilities on-site, however, if your group needs an area to eat lunch or picnic, special accommodations can be made.
- The Museum is wheelchair accessible.
Leaving the Museum:
- Remember to collect your belongings from the Museum’s lockers.
- Restrooms are around the corner from the lockers if you need to stop on your way out.
- Encourage your students to bring their families to the Museum. We hope to see you again soon!
Tell us what you think:
- We want to hear about your museum experience and we welcome any questions or comments! Please contact Sarah Zurick at (505) 946-1007 or email@example.com and let us know what your enjoyed about your visit, what information was useful and any suggestions you have for your next visit. Keep in touch!